You’re the client. If your goal is to have high-quality custom shower doors installed professionally, you’ll want to feel confident in choosing a shower door company to work with. So, how can you be sure you’re hiring a company that will deliver a high-quality shower door installation and excellent customer service? To help you find a top-rated shower door company, here’s a list of things to look for to ensure you’re getting what you pay for.
Top Things to Look for in a Shower Door Company
1. Licensed, bonded and insured. Check the company’s credentials to ensure they’re licensed, bonded and insured. This proves they know building codes and contracting guidelines.
2. Trusted brand. Your custom shower doors should come from a company with that is rated high in quality, service and reliability. They should be responsive when you call and helpful with tough decisions. When you see the company’s name, you should know you’re getting the best.
3. Check the Better Business Bureau. If you’re looking for a company with a solid reputation, check with the BBB for any judgments or pending claims against the company.
4. Check references. A quality company that installs custom shower doors will have plenty of references and work samples. Be sure to ask for a portfolio of their work. And be wary of a contractor’s reference. Sometimes they get a cut of the project cost for their referral.
5. Guarantee. Everything from your custom shower doors to the hardware and shower door handles should be backed up with a guarantee, so you can move forward with confidence.
6. Craftsmanship. Your shower enclosure should be designed, manufactured and installed by master glass crafters who have a goal to create an oasis for your relaxation. Regardless of the enclosure you choose, it should enhance the look and feel of your space.
7. Precise engineering. The shower door manufacturers should fabricate every shower enclosure with accuracy and workmanship. That means the custom shower doors should maximize performance and durability while looking beautiful.
8. Premium hardware. Every shower enclosure should be manufactured with durable, quality materials. Door pulls, shower door handles and towel bars should be heavy and sturdy. All of the hardware should be available in a variety of quality finishes. If you’re going with a semi-frameless shower, ensure it’s made of hardened aluminum undergoing an exclusive heat treatment for lasting beauty. The manufacturing process should prevent bending and protect the surface against scratches.
9. High-performance features. When it comes to features like shower door handles and swinging doors, be sure to find out if these features prevent dirt buildup while keeping water securely within the enclosure. It’s best to have a drip system that seals to keep water in the shower and off the bathroom floor. Also, the glass should be easy to clean for long-lasting enjoyment.
10. Glass options. From Low-Iron Ultra Clear to ShowerGuard, the company should offer a large variety of glass options. They’re usually offered in a variety of styles from the open look of clear to the distinctive patterns etched or beveled glass.
11. Custom colors. You should be offered a wide variety of color options for your shower door hardware. As part of the shower door installation, the palette should be as diverse as the tastes of any given homeowner.
12. Custom design. The bathroom of your dreams isn’t likely to be found in a catalog. You’ll want to work with proven experts to work one on one to build it.
13. A solid showroom. Step into a shower door company’s showroom and be surrounded by the latest styles in bathroom design from the industry’s leading manufacturers. The selection should be large without being overwhelming. And the showroom experience should feel inspiring and intimate—the opposite of warehouse shopping.
You have a vision of what your shower can be. A reputable, reliable shower door company can help move it from a dream to reality. At the end of the day, you should find a trusted partner that inspires you, embraces you and makes the process easier for you—everything that great design can do.